Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Most Astounding Fact, Part Two

On March 5 I posted a link to a video featuring Neil DeGrasse Tyson, titled The Most Astounding Fact. In the past month or so, this video has appeared repeatedly on Facebook as a beautiful and inspirational speech regarding the universe.  Well, now the artist behind Zenpencils has taken that video and cartoonized it, and I think it's worth a look. Take a look here.

From the Zenpencils website: "I kept putting off trying to adapt this quote because it was too intimidating. I knew that it would require me to draw stars and planets which I’m not very comfortable with, but I loved the quote so much that I just had to try it. I spent a lot longer than usual working on the cosmic scenes and I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. I guess I was also inspired by the film The Tree of Life which connects the story of a family with the history of the Universe."


No comments:

Post a Comment